Sunday, April 29, 2012

Day 6 of 30

Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday Hubster, happy birthday to you!

We started the day off with brunch with some awesome friends at this quaint little bistro in town.

-I ordered the veggie frittata without the cheese and fruit on the side in place of potatoes and banana bread that normally comes with it. The only thing that I did miss was having a mimosa :( Water is just not the same.

Lunch consisted of leftover salad and a nap.

Dinner. We went to my parents for a cookout where they pulled out all the stops. My sweet mom even added fruit to the cheese and cracker plate so I would be less tempted. They were both great about trying to make sure I had plenty of options available that fit Whole30. The menu was as follows:

  • Steak with mushrooms
  • Lobster tail
  • Sweet potatoes
  • Salad
  • Corn -I did not eat
  • Rolls -I did not eat
  • Homemade lemon ice box pie made from my grandmother's recipe- yes, I resisted :)
All in all it was an amazing night, just like all the nights we get to spend with my folks. We are really lucky to have them so close.
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment