Saturday, April 28, 2012

Day 5 of 30

Party Day Is Here!!!!

This morning was the best Saturday morning ever! I woke up with my to do list running through my mind and a little stressed that I had slept in. Then something magical happened. I realized that I was alone in my bed. Now the hubs will often get up before me on weekends but the dog, the dog is another story. He stays in bed until physically removed unless he has the prospect of a ride or a run. I was still in bed so I knew he was not running. As I tip toed around the house trying to find my 2 favorite guys they were no where to be found. It was time to call. When hubs picked up he told me all of the things he had completed while he let me sleep. It was half of my to do list :). I am a lucky woman.

Since all of that was taken care of I decided I had time to make a yummy breakfast casserole. I originally found this recipe on http://paleomg.com/savory-breakfast-casserole/ but made a few changes.

Ingredients

  • 2 1/2 spicy chicken sausage
  • 1 onion chopped
  • 1/2 sweet potato shredded
  • 6 eggs
  • Garlic powder to taste (I use lots!)
  • Siriachi sauce
Brown the sausage and shred the potato in the food processor. I actually went ahead,and doubled this part so I could throw it in the freezer and hae it ready to go later in the week for another pan.
Once that is done just mix everything together and poor into a square Pyrex that has been sprayed with olive oil Pam. Through into a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. Viola. Breakfast for a few days is done.

Since I had slept in and it took me a while to get breakfast going between getting the house ready I did not really eat lunch. I guess you would call the casserole my brunch.

The party got started and the biggest challenge was these babies.

Our friend Jenn makes these s'more Rice Krispy treats and they are like crack!

The only indulgence I did enjoy was one, ok two, of these

 

The good news is there is no gluten in any of this so at least I was good on that...

Here is what in did eat

Pork tenderloin, salad with red wine vinegar, and watermelon

As the party went on I knoshed on more watermelon. Yay me!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment