Friday, July 20, 2012

Reflecting:Day 3

Today I am keeping it short. I woke up this morning and learned of the tragic shooting in Colorado at the Batman movie. It was such an unspeakable act but then to add in the fact that it was only 15 minutes from Columbine really added to the heartbreak for me. Columbine, out of all the tragedies out nation has faced has always hit me the hardest. I remember watching it unfold and all I could think of was my parents who were both school administrators. I have read every book I can get my hands on that researches why that event happened and what we can do to help avoid it happening again. My brother went to the Air Force Academy in Colorado and going there just made it seem even more real. I am not sure why that shooting in particular sticks with me, but as soon as I heard of this newest one all I could think of was that community having to relive and go through something like this again.

After reading as many news reports as I could I packed my bags and headed out to meet my husband and his news boss for lunch on my way back home. His boss was nice and we enjoyed a pleasant meal. Meals with new people are always so awkward :/ but he does seem like a good guy and W is really excited to be working with him so I was glad I got to meet him, even if I am awkward.

Then I had to drive home on this beautiful road. Living in Florida ain't bad.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment