Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Reflecting: Day 1

Well I am in St. Pete today. The hubs is working down here now and he is staying with a warm, funny, and ridiculously talented photographer, M, a few days a week. She pushes him to be a better photographer, has a really cool dog, and was kind enough to let me crash this week too!

I started the day off by going on a fun adventure to a yummy Italian market on M's suggestion. Mazzaro's has been a staple in St. Pete for generations. www.mazzanosmarket.com. So delish. I can not wait to go back tomorrow with my cute photographer.

 

The reason I am in town is to help with a camp for http://www.thewhyproject.org/. The kids are sweet and funny as are all of the adult volunteers. This program is run by a (sadly) former teacher/journalist. Some of you may have seen the (http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sLkqVdRWk8I) about John Hopkins Middle earlier this year. This was a class project she did with her kids and the boy who came up with the ideas is one of the kids I get to work with :). These kids crack me up! My better half ad been in volunteering a few days ago. One of the boys I had been with all day realized he and I were connected he said "You know Mr. Will? Is that who you talk to? He's my homeboy". So stinking awesome!!!

After the food and the fun I decided it was time To go for a run. I have to get back on track. Food wise today was not the day but at least I ran. It was cool to run out the door of an adorable house in a neat little neighborhood and run to a park.

Got to end the day with sushi with some intelligent, funny, creative types. This whole 2 lives thing is not so bad. St.Pete is a great place and it makes my heart smile to see Will in such a good place professionally and making stronger connections with friends down here. All in all a happy day!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment